Available in Rochester, NY
Many older homes have less insulation than homes built today, but even adding insulation to a newer home can pay for itself within a few years.
Adding Insulation to Your Home
To determine how much insulation you’ll need, you first need to find out how much you already have and where it is in your home. A qualified home energy auditor from Graves Bros. can assist you with this process. A home energy audit will not only include an insulation check of the entire house, but also identify areas of your home that are in need of air sealing.
Benefits of proper insulation are found throughout every season. It’s important to make sure your home is properly insulated, especially in the attic, because it will decrease your chances of mold growth. Mold will not grow in your attic if you have proper insulation and ventilation.
Our Preferred Insulation Brand
We use InsulSafe SP® from Certainteed which offers many benefits:
- Quick, clean and easy installation
- Can be installed right over your current insulation
- Lasts for the lifetime of your home
- Will not rot, decay, corrode or settle
- Excellent sound control to make your home quieter
- Certified for superior indoor air quality and regularly tested by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute for Indoor Air Quality
- Meets local and federal standards and is regularly tested by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Research Center to verify the insulation performs as stated
Installing thermally-efficient InsulSafe SP® is one of the most cost-effective energy conservation measures you can take.