Has your bathroom been updated lately?
Your bathroom is one of the easiest places for creating style and functionality in your home.
Generally, the average bathroom is basic and simple, white and boring, with no obvious personality. Today, that’s no longer the case. With many material and fixture choices it is easy to turn a plane bathroom into a space that evokes style and comfort.
Blogs and Pinterest are a couple of resources people go to for bathroom remodeling ideas. If you have an idea of what you would like your bathroom to look like, but are on a limited budget, below are some tips to lower the price tag.
1. Limit the use of tile. Tile can be very expensive and the cost of labor is even more pricey.
2. Research showrooms, fabricators and closeouts at stores. Purchase remnants of materials like granite or title, in lieu of slabs.
3. Have second thoughts on the medicine cabinet. Opt for decorative mirrors instead. They’ll not only add style to your bathroom, but open up your room as well.
4. Keep your bathroom layout the same. If you change the layout, the plumbing will have to be relocated and that will cost you an arm and leg.
5. The Kiss Principle (K.I.S.S.) is an old design idea from the Navy. “Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious, and adding the meaningful.” ~ John Maeda
If your budget isn’t too much of a concern and you are looking to go all out and want to pick a theme, below are a few options to consider:
Are you an old romantic?
Consider a rustic style bathroom. Bamboo basins and elegant accessories add a rustic warm feel and also exudes a country farmhouse feel.
Are you simple and classy?
A modern black and white style bathroom suites you best. Add a pop of color and some practicality! Design your dream bathroom that has your name all over it.
Are you a person who loves their me time?
A luxurious style bathroom will suit you best. Marble and granite are great! Both are easy to clean and beautiful to look at, showcasing this material will turn your guests green with envy.